SPJ UW will hold 2015-2016 leadership elections during its next regular board meeting. Here’s a quick overview of positions:
- President: Organize chapter events and oversee members.
- VP: Work with president to organize events and recruit members. Learn president’s duties to take over next year.
- Treasurer: Oversee budgets, accounts and financial statements. Handle deposits from fundraising events and reimburse officers for club expenses.
- Secretary: Record minutes from each meeting and set agendas. Assist with social media and event promotion.
- Student representative (appointed): Works with president and board members of the Western Washington pro chapter to coordinate events between students and professionals.
Officers and board members need to attend all chapter meetings and can expect to spend about an hour a week on chapter duties. We will form committees for social media, outreach and other tasks.
Join us at 6 p.m., May 7 in COM 302. Planning to run? Prepare a short statement to share with students and make sure you are a registered member of SPJ. Questions? Contact email@example.com.